U.S. Senator Bill Nelson

Serving Florida

Help with a Federal Agency

Get Help
Before we can help, we'll need some information from you!

Help with a Federal Agency

Sen. Bill Nelson’s office can help if you have a problem dealing with a federal agency, including, but not limited to, Medicare, Social Security, veterans’ benefits and passports.

To ensure that we can effectively and efficiently work on your request, we will need you to complete and sign the consent for release of information form, provide a detailed account of the problem and describe any actions already taken. Include copies of all documentation that support your claim or may be helpful, such as letters to and from agencies as well as medical or other forms. Mail or fax all materials to Nelson’s Orlando office. If your problem is life-threatening, please call 911. Additionally, if your problem is time-sensitive, please call (407) 872-7161 or (888) 671-4091 or fax a completed consent form to (407) 872-7165 during business hours (Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm).

Consent for release of information form

Request for Assistance (Casework)

Mail or fax the completed Consent for Release of Information Form with any supporting documentation to:

U.S. Senator Bill Nelson
Landmark Two 
225 East Robinson Street, Suite 410
Orlando, FL 32801
(407) 872-7165 fax
Call (407) 872-7161 or (888) 671-4091 if you have any questions.

Besides Nelson’s office, the federal government has an online chat service to answer a variety of questions. The service is available Monday through Friday: 08:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m. EST (except federal holidays).  Here is the link: answers.usa.gov/

Hurricane help

For a list of resources available regarding Hurricane Irma, click here.

For a list of resources available regarding Hurricane Maria, click here.