Junior and senior high school students as well as high school graduates under the age of 23 can apply to Senator Nelson’s office for a nomination to a service academy. The academies include the Military Academy at West Point, NY, the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs CO, the Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD, the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY. The Coast Guard Academy at New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
For students interested in obtaining a Congressional nomination for the class entering in the Summer of 2015, the application process will begin on March 1, 2014.
Senator Nelson's SAT code is 0220 and the ACT code is 7118.
Please read the brochure for more information.
U.S. Service Academy nominations schedule 2014
Note: Applications for the class of 2019 will be available in March.
- Saturday, March 1, 2014
- Application process opens
- Friday, September 12, 2014
- Postmark deadline for file completion and submission of information. Applications postmarked after this date will be considered incomplete and not eligible for consideration.
- Deadline for submission of information
- Applications sent to office locations other than the Orlando office may cause delays in processing
- Submit only completed applications
- Friday, October 17, 2014
- Candidate notifications begin
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Interviews day
- Please keep the interview date open on your calendar. There are no make-up or alternate dates.
- Monday, December 15, 2014
- Post-interview candidate notifications begins
Note: The above application is in the Portable Document Format (PDF):
(PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader).
Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader now
Please be patient, as the document may take a few minutes to download.
Adobe also provides free PDF tools for the visually impaired
Mail completed application to:
U.S. Senator Bill Nelson
Attn: Service Academy Coordinator
225 East Robinson Street, Suite 410
Orlando, FL 32801
If you have questions, call:
(407) 872-7161 or (888) 671-4091